Jurong Aracruz open for business
Estaleiro Jurong Aracruz, Sembcorp Marine’s wholly-owned new integrated shipyard in Brazil, is located on an 82.5-hectare site with a long 1.6 km coastline in the municipal of Aracruz in the state of Espirito Santo, about 80 km by road north of the capital of Vitoria.
Jurong Aracruz has top notch facilities with deep draft of 9 to 16 metres, 1 km berth, floating crane, finger piers, ancillary piping and steel fabrication workshop. Yard’s specialities are ship repairs, modification, Vessel Conversion and Integration and New Built projects and also can undertake construction of drillships, semi-submersible and jackup rigs, platforms and supply vessels, FPSO integration and topside modules fabrication, in addition to the traditional activities of drilling rig repairs, ship repairs and modification works.
In brief Yard has following facilities:
– Floating Dock 320m X 90m X 26m
– Deep water entry channel: -16m
– Thruster pit at South Quay Extension: -19m
– Large lifting capacity: 3600 t Floating Crane
– Floating Crane auxiliary lift capacity: 400t @ 170m high
– Steel and pipe fabrication shops at advanced commissioning stage